What is an Exit Device?
If you own a commercial property, you know the importance of having a secure and reliable exit system. An exit device is an essential component of any commercial building’s security system.
It’s designed to ensure that people can exit the building quickly and safely in the event of an emergency. Exit devices are also commonly known as panic bars or push bars.
Why Do You Need an Exit Device?
An exit device is not only a legal requirement for commercial properties, but it also helps to prevent injury in the event of an emergency.
Without an exit device, people may panic and try to exit through windows or other unsafe means, which can result in injury or even death. By installing an exit device, you can help ensure that everyone can exit the building quickly and safely in the event of an emergency.
Types of Exit Devices
There are several types of exit devices to choose from, including:
- Rim exit devices: These are the most common type of exit device and are installed on the surface of the door.
- Mortise exit devices: These are installed inside the door and are typically more secure than rim exit devices.
- Concealed exit devices: These are installed inside the door and are not visible from the outside, providing an additional layer of security.
- Vertical rod exit devices: These are designed for double doors and have rods that extend from the top and bottom of the door.
- Delayed egress exit devices: These devices are designed to delay the opening of the door for 15 seconds to prevent unauthorized exits.
Why Hire a Professional for Exit Device Installation?
Installing an exit device may seem like a simple task, but it requires expertise and experience. A professional locksmith can help ensure that your exit device is installed correctly and meets all legal requirements.
Additionally, a professional can help you choose the right type of exit device for your commercial property and ensure that it’s properly maintained.
How to Choose a Professional Locksmith for Exit Device Installation
When choosing a locksmith for your exit device installation, it’s important to choose a reputable and experienced professional. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a locksmith:
- Check their credentials: Make sure the locksmith is licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Look for experience: Choose a locksmith with years of experience in exit device installation.
- Read reviews: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous customers to ensure that the locksmith provides quality service.
- Get a quote: Ask for a quote upfront to avoid any surprises.
Benefits of Working with a Professional Locksmith
Working with a professional locksmith for your exit device installation has several benefits, including:
- Peace of mind: You can rest assured that your exit device is installed correctly and meets all legal requirements.
- Quality service: A professional locksmith has the expertise and experience to ensure that your exit device is installed correctly and functions properly.
- Longevity: A professional locksmith can help ensure that your exit device is properly maintained, which can extend its lifespan.
In conclusion, installing an exit device is essential for any commercial property. It ensures that people can exit the building quickly and safely in the event of an emergency.
There are several types of exit devices to choose from, and it’s important to choose a reputable and experienced professional locksmith for installation. By working with a professional, you can ensure that your exit device is installed correctly, functions properly, and meets all legal requirements.